2005-05-24

CSS

Now that I actually understand CSS a little better, rather than just flailing around in the dark like I was before, I've made some small improvements to the design here. Chances are, the casual visitor won't notice anything different, but I've made better use of space, which adapts to people's browsers, and added a few extra CSS classes that I can use to throw in some more pizzazz to my posts, should the occasion arise.

Edit: Okay, so Internet Exploder doesn't handle absolutes the way Firefox does. So here's a slightly uglier solution that works in both, even if it's uneven depending on your font sizes.

Edit 2: Well, the ugliness is fixed, and it's no longer uneven. Even though it behaves quite differently between Firefox and IE if you resize smaller than the width of the widest graphic in the main column, the effects aren't too bad.

No comments: